PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY 27TH OCTOBER 7:30 TO 10PM FANT HALL, FANT LANE
The Jubilee School has put in for planning permission to turn Gatland House into a 420 pupil Free School. To do this they require a change in planning permission from use as a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service to a Free School.
If granted then Gatland House will become a major Primary School for Maidstone. As a Free School it will be fully funded by public money but will not be accountable to the people of Fant and Maidstone. Some of the issues to consider are:
- The School is the property of the Jubilee Church which is mainly based in the Town Centre and Bearsted areas, rather than Fant.
- Is there a local demand for a school at Gatland House?
- Is the building large enough for 16 classrooms, plus specialist school classrooms, and other ancillary space?
- All the current parking space is planned to be retained
- Very limited Playground space can be provided within the site
- How will the local area cope with all the extra traffic
- There has been no consultation with the local community over the proposals to have a new school at Gatland House
For full details and to put in your comments please go to http://pa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications, the application reference is 14/503957/FULL